XP52 ENGINE+ UPGRADE
KING AIR 200
The real power of an XP52 Engine+ Upgrade is in its ability to save both time and money.
INVESTMENT & VALUE
All this performance and value starts with an initial investment, minus the cost of your next overhaul. Other financial factors to consider include:
- Lower operating costs
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $60 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Nearly every Blackhawk-powered aircraft sold within 500 hours of the upgrade recovered close to or more than the combined investment of the airframe and engines
- 3,600 Hour TBO with escalation available for fleet operators
- Save time on each mission giving you more time to be productive
- Increased True Airspeed and Rate of Climb
- Faster Cruise Speed
- Increased Resale Value
- Decreased Time and Fuel to Climb
- Reduced Operating and Maintenance Costs
- Access to More Airports
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-52 Engines (Exchange)
- P&WC Enhanced New Engine Warranty 2,500 Hours/5 Years with Prorated Coverage to the 3,600-Hour TBO
- Installation Kit and Drawings
- STC Paperwork and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Flight Manual Supplement
- P&WC Engine Logbook and Blackhawk Logbook Case
- Blackhawk Cycle Book and Aircraft Decals
- P&WC PT6 Line Maintenance Entitlement Training
- Two-Year Subscription for P&WC Engine Maintenance/Parts Manuals
- Blackhawk Lifetime Customer Support Guarantee
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International
- Optional: Hawkeye Digilog Smart Gauges
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my shop do the installation or does Blackhawk have to do the installation?
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
What is the lead time on engines?
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Do you offer financing?
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
How does the Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade affect resale value?
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
How is Blackhawk different from other upgrades or overhaul?
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Can I put my airplane on charter?
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
Can I keep my core engine?
Since the upgrade price already reflects the value of the cores, you can keep your core engine if you are willing to pay Pratt & Whitney Canada for the core. Prices will depend on core engine times.
My engines still have time left to TBO, so should I wait until engines are due for an overhaul?
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
How does an upgrade compare to buying a newer aircraft?
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
If I upgrade, does it make sense to wait until my next overhaul?
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
From real XP52 (KA 200) owners and operators
The plane is awesome. We did Houston, Texas, to Allentown, Pennsylvania in 3 hours and 30 minutes last week. I think the airlines do that trip in three hours. Very impressed!
Blackhawk engines going great, better than I thought they would be. Strong, very strong.
We climbed to FL320 in 15 minutes and were riding the barber pole with 80 degrees ITT margin. Do you have an MMO increase we can buy?
We were climbing at 900 feet per minute at FL350 the other day testing out our new RVSM system. The 52 easily climbed to the service ceiling with plenty of power to spare.
Since upgrading to our 52 engines, we have seen a substantial performance increase. We typically cruise in the 290- to 300-knot range in the upper twenties. Hot day performance is great without the worry of high ITT during takeoff, and climb performance is very impressive. Overall we are very pleased with our new engines. Thank you, Blackhawk.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to learn how you can transform your King Air 200 into a faster, safer, more powerful aircraft to serve your bottom line.