KING AIR 350 ENDURANCE KIT
EXPAND YOUR MISSION PERFORMANCE
GOVERNMENT, MILITARY, SPECIAL MISSIONS, AND CONTRACT OPERATIONS
The Blackhawk XR Endurance Kit significantly boosts King Air 350 mission capability, keeping government, military, and special mission operators airborne despite aging fleets and shrinking budgets. The complete XR Endurance Kit features powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67A engines, lightweight 5-blade natural composite MT-Propellers, CenTex Aerospace Saddle Tanks, heavyweight landing gear, high flotation tires, fully enclosed landing gear doors, a maritime rudder, and the True Blue Power TB44 lithium-ion battery.
- Increased max gross weight to 16,500 lbs.
- Added fuel and power for improved time on station
- Low-cost, turn-key aircraft acquisition and fleet sustainability
- MTOW of 16,500 lbs., even in extreme conditions
- Reduced cabin and exterior noise support stealth operations
- Climb safely to mission altitude in less than half the time
- Additional 220 lbs. of available mission payload
- Improved overall endurance and range
- 4x longer battery life and significantly increased cranking amps
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-67A engines
- P&WC enhanced new engine warranty of 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600-hour TBO
- FOD-resistant, quiet, natural 5-blade composite MT-Propellers
- Lightweight CenTex Saddle Tanks
- Heavyweight landing gear and high flotation tires
- Maritime rudder
- Fully enclosed landing gear doors
- TB44 True Blue Power lithium-ion battery
- All mandatory and optional engine service bulletins
- Blackhawk lifetime customer support guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my shop do the installation or does Blackhawk have to do the installation?
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
What is the lead time on engine(s)?
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Do you offer financing?
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
How does the Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade affect resale value?
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engine(s). Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
How is Blackhawk different from other upgrades or overhaul?
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Can I put my airplane on charter?
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
My engine(s) still have time left to TBO, so should I wait until engines are due for an overhaul?
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
How does an upgrade compare to buying a newer aircraft?
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
If I upgrade, does it make sense to wait until my next overhaul?
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
But won’t I burn more fuel?
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Won’t an upgrade cost more than an overhaul?
Yes, you’ll spend more on an upgrade than an overhaul, but you’ll have so much more to show for it: increased earning ability, better resale value, enhanced safety, reduced operating costs and a better flying experience.
The Best King Air for Critical Missions
Blackhawk Aerospace has over 20 years of aircraft performance experience supporting civil, military, and government flight operations. We understand the unique requirements and demands of special mission flying. We specifically designed our XR Endurance Kit to perform in challenging ISR environments including air ambulance, surveillance, aerial survey, and a number of additional, demanding mission scenarios.
Investment & Value
Lower Acquisition and Operating Cost, Better Performance, and More Payload Capability
In addition to performance enhancements, the XR Endurance Kit impressively impacts the bottom line. The kit provides improved performance and operational flexibility at a significantly lower acquisition cost when compared to other special mission aircraft. New propellers, engines, heavyweight landing gear, a lithium-ion battery, and auxiliary fuel lockers are all included in the kit.
Learn how your agency can experience improved performance, increased reliability, a higher safety margin, and reduced overall costs. Contact us for a technical briefing on how Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions can cost effectively boost your operation.