XP67A ENGINE+ UPGRADE
KING AIR 350ER
The Most Powerful Mission Partner
The Blackhawk-upgraded King Air 350ER expands your mission capabilities. Featuring Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67A engines, the King Air 350ER produces 1,050 SHP up to 25,000 feet and more than doubles your available payload. Paired with two 5-blade natural composite MT-Propellers with spinners, the complete upgrade supports expanded special missions where every second counts, allowing you to stay on station longer, carry more, and arrive sooner. Delivering near jet-like speed and power, the upgrade reduces operating and maintenance cost to help your operations stay on budget.
INCREASE AVAILABLE HORSEPOWER
The XP67A Engine+ Upgrade significantly boosts horsepower with brand-new PT6A-67A engines.
The increased horsepower offers expanded mission opportunities:
- Better safety margins
- Faster cruise speed
- Improved climb
- Access more airports
- Increased true airspeed and rate of climb
- Increased single-engine service ceiling
- Increased takeoff performance
- Decreased time and fuel to climb
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Improved resale value
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-67A Engines (Exchange)
- P&WC Enhanced New Engine Warranty 2,500 Hours/5 Years with Prorated Coverage to the 3,600-Hour TBO
- 5-Blade Composite MT Propellers
- Installation Kit and Drawings
- STC Paperwork and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Flight Manual Supplement
- P&WC Engine Logbook and Blackhawk Logbook Case
- Blackhawk Cycle Book and Aircraft Decals
- P&WC PT6 Line Maintenance Entitlement Training
- Two-Year Subscription for P&WC Engine Maintenance/Parts Manuals
- Blackhawk Lifetime Customer Support Guarantee
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International
- Optional: Hawkeye Digilog Smart Gauges
Frequently Asked Question
Can my shop do the installation or does Blackhawk have to do the installation?
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
What is the lead time on engines?
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Do you offer financing?
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
How does the Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade affect resale value?
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
How is Blackhawk different from other upgrades or overhaul?
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Can I put my airplane on charter?
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
My engines still have time left to TBO, so should I wait until engines are due for an overhaul?
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
How does an upgrade compare to buying a newer aircraft?
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
If I upgrade, does it make sense to wait until my next overhaul?
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
But won’t I burn more fuel?
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Stretch Your Budget
The XP67A Engine+ Upgrade allows your operation to experience cost savings, helping you to do more with less.
- Lower operating costs than stock engines
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $70 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- 3,600 Hour TBO with escalation available for fleet operators
- Faster speeds and climb save time on each mission and lead to fuel savings
DO EVEN MORE WITH THE XR ENDURANCE KIT
The Blackhawk XR Endurance Kit significantly boosts King Air 350 mission capability, keeping government, military, and special mission operators airborne despite aging fleets and shrinking budgets. Experience increased takeoff weight, payload, power, and performance beyond the XP67A Engine+ Upgrade.
Learn how your agency can experience improved performance, increased reliability, a higher safety margin, and reduced overall costs. Contact us for a technical briefing on how an Engine+ Upgrade can cost effectively boost your operation.