XP135A ENGINE+ UPGRADE
CESSNA CONQUEST I
The real power of an XP135A Engine+ Upgrade is in its ability to increase cruise speeds and maintain fuel flows.
INVESTMENT & VALUE
All this performance and value starts with an initial investment, minus the cost of your next overhaul. Other financial factors to consider include:
- Lower operating costs
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $35 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Nearly every Blackhawk-powered aircraft sold within 500 hours of the upgrade recovered close to more than the combined investment of the airframe and engines
- Save time on each mission giving you more time to be productive
- Up to 16% increase in cruise speed
- Increases single-engine service ceiling
- Decreases time and fuel to climb
- Lowers operating cost
- Increases resale value
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-135A Engines (Exchange)
- P&WC enhanced new engine warranty 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600-hour TBO
- Installation kit and drawings
- STC paperwork and instructions for continued airworthiness
- Flight manual supplement
- P&WC engine logbook and Blackhawk logbook case
- Blackhawk cycle book and aircraft decals
- P&WC PT6 line maintenance entitlement training
- Two-year subscription for P&WC engine maintenance/parts manuals
- Blackhawk lifetime customer support guarantee
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International
- Optional: Hawkeye digilog smart gauges
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my shop do the installation or does Blackhawk have to do the installation?
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
What is the lead time on engines?
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Do you offer financing?
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
How does the Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade affect resale value?
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
How is Blackhawk different from other upgrades or overhaul?
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Can I put my airplane on charter?
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
Can I keep my core engine?
Since the upgrade price already reflects the value of the cores, you can keep your core engine if you are willing to pay Pratt & Whitney Canada for the core. Prices will depend on core engine times.
My engines still have time left to TBO, so should I wait until engines are due for an overhaul?
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
How does an upgrade compare to buying a newer aircraft?
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
If I upgrade, does it make sense to wait until my next overhaul?
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
From real XP135A (Conquest) owners and operators
The service provided by Blackhawk was exceptional, and the engines are now installed on the Conquest. I flew it for the first time this weekend and they worked great. Thanks to everyone at Blackhawk for great service on my new engine.
I picked up the plane on Thursday, flew it home at FL250 and got 285 KTAS with 775 ITT. Flew to the West Coast Bay Area and got 283 KTAS at FL260 with 775 ITT. Nice!
On a recent trip back to ICT from HIO, we made it nonstop in 3 hours 55 min. It was 1,285 miles flown at FL250. Landed with 700 lbs of fuel. I’m quite certain that could never be done with stock 112s. The owners were quite impressed. Time and time again the engines prove to be the best money we have ever spent on our Conquest.
In short, it was the best investment we ever made – and the efforts to make the experience smooth and enjoyable by Blackhawk were astonishing. Your performance representations were right on the mark. It has been several years since the installation and we could not be happier.
I am very happy with the 135A engines, now that I have 366 hours on them. I have no regrets and am glad I made the switch to the new engines. I think that the Conquest I is a far better airplane with these engines than with the original 112.
We are very happy with the recent PT6A-135A upgrade to our aging (1983) aircraft. It has really given new life to the old girl.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to learn how your Conquest can experience exceptional performance and power upgrades to boost your bottom line.