XP67P ENGINE+ UPGRADE
Pilatus PC-12 Models
The XP67P Engine+ Upgrade’s increased horsepower and higher ITT deliver a faster, more powerful, and time-saving Pilatus for increased earning potential and cost savings.
- Increased Horsepower
- More Power for Climb & Cruise
- Fly Faster FL200
- Fly Faster FL250
- Reduced Time to Climb
Expand your capabilities with a real power boost.
Imagine what you can accomplish with the extra power of a XP67P Engine+ Upgrade.
- Better safety margins
- Faster cruise speed
- Reduced time to altitude
- Access to higher flight levels
Stretch your budget
The XP67P Engine+ Upgrade delivers cost savings, helping you to do more with less.
- Lower operating costs than stock engines
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $95 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Blackhawk upgrades offer the strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- 3,500 Hour TBO with escalation available for fleet operators
- Faster speeds and climb save time on each mission and lead to fuel savings
- Increased true airspeed and rate of climb
- Increased takeoff performance from high and hot conditions
- Decreased time and fuel to climb
- Increased resale value
- Reduced operating costs
- One Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-67P Engine (Exchange)
- P&WC Enhanced New Engine Warranty 2,500 Hours/5 Years with Prorated Coverage to the 3,500-Hour TBO
- Garmin Digital Engine Information System (EIS)
- Installation Kit and Drawings
- Globally-certified STC paperwork and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Flight Manual Supplement
- P&WC Engine Logbook and Blackhawk Logbook Case
- Blackhawk Cycle Book and Aircraft Decals
- P&WC PT6 Line Maintenance Entitlement Training
- Two-Year Subscription for P&WC Engine Maintenance/Parts Manuals
- Blackhawk Lifetime Customer Support Guarantee
Frequently Asked Questions
Can my shop do the installation or does Blackhawk have to do the installation?
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
What is the lead time on engine(s)?
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Do you offer financing?
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
How does the Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade affect resale value?
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engine(s). Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
How is Blackhawk different from other upgrades or overhaul?
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Can I put my airplane on charter?
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
My engine(s) still have time left to TBO, so should I wait until engines are due for an overhaul?
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
How does an upgrade compare to buying a newer aircraft?
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
If I upgrade, does it make sense to wait until my next overhaul?
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
But won’t I burn more fuel?
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Won’t an upgrade cost more than an overhaul?
Yes, you’ll spend more on an upgrade than an overhaul, but you’ll have so much more to show for it: increased earning ability, better resale value, enhanced safety, reduced operating costs and a better flying experience.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’ performance upgrade experts to learn how increased power and performance can boost your Pilatus’ bottom line.