By increasing the efficiency of engine airflow, the Ram Air Recovery System allows you to fully optimize your King Air 200’s engines in normal and anti-ice conditions. The system effectively decreases ITT by 18° at equal torque, prevents FOD, and increases all weather capabilities.
Upgrades Available for: King Air 200
Reduce Torque Loss with Ice Vanes Deployed
The patented Raisbeck Ram Air Recovery System maximizes airflow to the engine inlet, allowing the engine to retain the same power regardless of ice vane deployment. You experience consistent speed and power as you climb through clouds or inclement weather with ice vanes deployed. With the ice vanes stowed, you experience increased power and speed while saving fuel – all at lower engine temperatures.
Protect against Foreign Object Damage (FOD)
With the Hartzell/Raisbeck Quiet Turbofan Propellers, or any EPIC package prop, ice vanes may be deployed at any time – including on the ground, during takeoff, and for landing – when OAT is up to ISA +27ׄ°C. Use of ice vanes on RARS-equipped aircraft on the ground and during takeoff and landing minimizes the risk of foreign object damage. For this reason, the U.S. Army has equipped its entire C12 fleet with the Raisbeck Ram Air Recovery System.
- Significantly improved climb and cruise performance with ice vanes stowed or deployed
- 18° cooler engine ITT at equal torque
- 8% increase in available horsepower
- 8% to 11% block fuel savings (as part of a Raisbeck EPIC package)
- Ice vanes may be deployed at any time including taxi and takeoff when OAT is ISA +27°C (as part of a Raisbeck EPIC package)
- Developed and tested in conjunction with Pratt & Whitney of Canada, Ltd.
- FAA-certified for ice-vane deployment on the ground and in the air
- Utilizes Coanda-effect aerodynamics for efficient airflow vectoring
- Full inlet plenum sealing through unique full-body diaphragms
EPIC System Benefits
Ram Air Recovery System maximum performance gains are obtained when paired with Hartzell/Raisbeck Quiet Turbofan Propellers as their twist extends all the way to the spinner, driving high-pressure air into the engine inlet.
Optimize Anti-Ice Performance
Call us today to learn how a Raisbeck Ram Air Recovery System helps your aircraft maintain engine power and speed regardless of ice vane deployment.