Proposal Writer – Remote
Full Time/8 hours per day
Proposal writing: 1 year (Preferred)
From $100 an hour
Blackhawk Aerospace, a leader in innovative aerospace design, is looking for an experienced Proposal Writer at our Huntsville, Alabama location.
Blackhawk Aerospace Solutions focuses on our government and military contracts.
The Proposal Writer is responsible for developing a range of proposal content that meets proposal compliance and quality standards. The incumbent develops proposal content in coordination with the Capture Manager and the proposal team.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Write and edit communications that may be both complex in nature intended for a variety of audiences to include RFPs, RFIs, RFQs, executive summaries, introductions, project briefs, cover letters, and custom deliverables
- Write Management, Past Performance and Technical volumes of proposals compliant to US Government and commercial statements of work and solicitations
- Coordinate and consult with subject matter experts to fulfill requests regarding the composition and development of a variety of written responses to RFPs and RFIs
- Work closely with Business Development team to identify documentation needs and evaluate content for technical accuracy.
- Provide technical content for readability, clarity, consistency, completeness, accuracy, tone, organization, usability, and visual design
- Complete documents within strict timeframes while affording suitable time for review periods.
- Reviews and interprets Requests for Proposal (RFP) requirements to develop comprehensive, compliant proposal outlines and writing templates.
- Collaborates with the Business Development team to brainstorm strategy and approach and ensure decisions are captured in proposal outlines, templates, and other documentation.
- Tracks RFP and amendment releases and routes all RFP documents to appropriate filing locations and proposal team members.
- Performs a comparison analysis between RFP and amendments and updates proposal documentation with revised requirements and strategy as necessary.
- Assessing existing boilerplate against narrative requirements to determine what additional resources are necessary to complete proposal sections, including specific subject matter expert needs.
- Writing and editing original text, tailoring boilerplate, and rewriting third-party contributions to fulfill RFP requirements, with attention to crafting narrative that is compliant with requirements, inclusive of strategy, compelling to the reader, and meets Blackhawk Aerospace standards.
- Copy editing for grammar, spelling, factual accuracy, clarity, and Blackhawk Aerospace standards
- Formatting documents in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher, and Adobe InDesign and Acrobat according to RFP requirements and Blackhawk Aerospace standards and provide Proposal Manager with print-ready final documents.
- Maintaining organized files and drafts of work in appropriate locations and according to Blackhawk standards.
- Packaging of proposal documents for formal reviews
- Assists the Capture Manager with all proposal production activities, including directing production activities for assigned volumes or sections. This includes assembling binders, printing large documents, and ensuring accuracy in final product.
- Develop proposal compliance matrices, outlines, and templates.
- Coordinate with the Capture Manager regarding proposal activities to schedule all proposal phases and milestones.
- Coordinate support and information from all of the contributors and track status of data calls
- Ensure all proposal deadlines are met
- Develop and maintain past performance, technical, and management response information and materials for proposals to utilize as a reference tools to complete future proposals
- Provide daily/weekly status updates on proposals and their due dates
- Bachelor’s degree OR Four (4) years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a position requiring writing and editing.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a position requiring organizing, coordinating, and publishing large documents.
- One (1) year in the position of writing proposals for Defense Industry Prime Contractor or US Government entities
- Ability to produce, edit and review proposals, white papers, Request for Information responses, and Request for Proposal responses to Prime Contractors and Federal agencies
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and stay ahead of deadlines
- Ability to provide clear, concise, and compelling written responses
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to collaborate with business development, program analysts, quality control, stakeholders, and other personnel to clarify messaging, document objectives, factual correctness, and customer preferences.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Drive, Zoom/virtual meeting applications, database management applications, and ability to use the internet as a data-gathering tool.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks and projects (may require evening and weekend work).
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations
- High degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Ability to translate technical information into documents for technical and non-technical personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, English, Marketing or related field with minimum of five years’ experience as Proposal Writer
- Experience managing structured proposal processes and procedures
- Shipley Proposal Management, Association for Proposal Management Professionals (APMP), or equivalent training or certification
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Professional and Microsoft SharePoint
- Three (3) years’ experience in proposal writing for a Defense Industry Prime Contractor
- Proven ability to creatively transform technical jargon into compelling prose
- At least two (2) years’ experience writing proposals related to the Aviation Defense Industry
- At least one (1) year of experience writing proposals related to aircraft Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul services
- At least one (1) year of experience responding to ID/IQ Task Orders
- Experience in developing competitive pricing strategies
Job Type: Contract
- Proposal writing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Aviation Defense Industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote