King Air 350 Series
Added fuel and power for improved time on station
Safely to mission altitude in less than half the time
Turn-key aircraft acquisition and fleet sustainability
Additional 220 lb of available mission payload
MTOW of 16,500 lb even in extreme conditions
Government, Military, and Special mission operators
The Blackhawk XR Upgrade Kit provides enhanced mission capability along with a cost-effective solution to keep government, military, and special mission operators airborne despite aging fleets and shrinking budgets. The complete XR Upgrade Kit features powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-67A engines, lightweight 5-blade natural composite MT Propellers, CenTex Aerospace Saddle Tanks, heavyweight landing gear, high flotation tires, fully enclosed landing gear doors, a maritime rudder, and the True Blue Power TB44 lithium-ion battery.
THE MOST CAPABLE AND EFFICIENT KING AIR FOR CRITICAL MISSIONS
Blackhawk Aerospace has over 20 years of aircraft performance experience supporting civil, military, and government flight operations. We understand the unique requirements of special mission flying, and designed our XR Upgrade Kit to perform in challenging ISR environments including air ambulance, surveillance, aerial survey, and a number of additional, demanding mission scenarios.
Investment & Value
LOWER ACQUISITION AND OPERATING COST, BETTER PERFORMANCE, AND MORE PAYLOAD CAPABILITY
In addition to performance enhancements, the XR Upgrade Kit also impacts the bottom line. The kit provides improved performance and operational flexibility at a significantly lower acquisition cost as compared to other special mission aircraft. Factory-new propellers, engines, heavyweight landing gear, lithium-ion battery, and auxiliary fuel lockers are all included in the price of the upgrade.
- Heavy Weight Landing Gear, High Float Tires, and Fully-Enclosed Landing Gear Doors Increases Max Gross Weight to 16,500 lbs
- Added Fuel and Power for Improved Time on Station
- Low-Cost, Turn-Key Aircraft Acquisition and Fleet Sustainability
- MTOW of 16,500 lbs even in Extreme Conditions
- Reduced Cabin and Exterior Noise Supports Operations Requiring Stealth Capabilities
- Climb Safely to Mission Altitude in Less than Half the Time
- Additional 220 lbs of Available Mission Payload
- Improved Overall Endurance and Range
- 4x Longer Battery Life along with Significantly Increased Cranking Amps
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-67A Engines
- P&WC Enhanced New Engine Warranty of 2,500 Hours/5 Years with Prorated Coverage to the 3,600-Hour TBO
- FOD-Resistant, Quiet, Natural 5-Blade Composite MT-Propellers
- Lightweight CenTex Saddle Tanks
- TB44 True Blue Power Lithium-Ion Battery
- All Mandatory and Optional Engine Service Bulletins
- Blackhawk Lifetime Customer Support Guarantee
The XR Kit offers the flexibility to purchase a used King Air 350 – at any age or price point – and elevate it to standards better than a factory-new aircraft. The combined cost of the XR Kit plus a used King Air 350 is at a price point that allows the operator to have the winning edge in government-contracted flying operations.
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows the total fuel burn for a given special mission sortie at higher altitudes.
Blackhawk stocks kits to be available for immediate aircraft installation meaning you do not have to wait on long-lead deliveries from the factory. Installation can take between 4-6 weeks depending on current aircraft configuration and installation shop capacity.
The XR Upgrade Kit delivers significant weight savings providing the operator with 220 lb of additional payload capability in comparison to other special mission aircraft. This is due to lighter weight composite MT-propellers, True Blue Power TB44 lithium-ion battery, and Centex Aerospace Saddle Tanks.
The XR’s ability to takeoff with full fuel loads at airfields with high pressure altitudes and hot temperatures ensures it can provide over 9 hours of loiter time with a 45-minute reserve, every time.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to see how the XR Upgrade Kit can improve your mission