King Air 300 Series
Reduction in Time to Climb
P&WC Enhanced Engine Warranty
Maximum Cruise Speed
QUIET COMPOSITE PROPS
Annual Operating Cost Savings
1P&WC Enhanced New-Engine Warranty 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600 hour TBO
Higher. Faster. Safer. Better.
Enjoy a safer, higher-performing, more reliable King Air 300 with the Blackhawk XP67A Engine+ Upgrade. Better than new, your aircraft will achieve improved performance, increased reliability, a higher safety margin, and significant return on investment over operating with stock engines.
WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH
ALL THAT POWER?
You’ll get a lot more horsepower with brand-new PT6A-67A engines. But
it’s what you do with that power that makes all the difference.
- Better safety margins
- Fly faster
- Improved climb
- Access more airports
The Blackhawk XP67A Engine+ Upgrade flies up to 50+ kta faster at cruising altitude compared to stock.
Reach Altitude Quicker
Reduce costly fuel consumption by reaching altitude in half the time.
The real power of an XP67A Engine+ Upgrade is in its ability to generate jet-like speeds at King Air costs and utility.
Investment & Value
All this performance and value starts with an initial investment, minus the cost of your next overhaul. Other financial factors to consider include:
- Lower operating costs
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $70 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Nearly every Blackhawk-powered aircraft sold within 500 hours of the upgrade recovered close to more than the combined investment of the airframe and engines
- 3,600-hour TBO with escalation available for fleet operators
- Save time on each mission giving you more time to be productive
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-67A Engines (Exchange)
- P&WC enhanced new engine warranty 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600-hour TBO
- Installation kit and drawings
- STC paperwork and instructions for continued airworthiness
- Flight manual supplement
- P&WC engine logbook and Blackhawk logbook case
- Blackhawk cycle book and aircraft decals
- P&WC PT6 line maintenance entitlement training
- Two-year subscription for P&WC engine maintenance/parts manuals
- Blackhawk lifetime customer support guarantee
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
Since the upgrade price already reflects the value of the cores, you can keep your core engine if you are willing to pay Pratt & Whitney Canada for the core. Prices will depend on core engine times.
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Yes, you’ll spend more on an upgrade than an overhaul, but you’ll have so much more to show for it: increased earning ability, better resale value, enhanced safety, reduced operating costs and a better flying experience.
- Increased true airspeed and rate of climb
- Increased single engine service ceiling
- Decreased time and fuel to climb
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Increased resale value
- Faster cruise speed
- Access to more airports
from real XP67A owners & operators
These engines make it a whole new airplane—it’s more like a rocket ship. Fully loaded, we level off at FL310 in under 14 minutes, and our normal cruise speeds are consistently 30-40 knots faster. But the most impressive thing to me is the climb. I deploy the vanes to climb above weather and don’t fall below 1,000 feet per minute all the way up. We save 40 minutes on one of our regular flights from Las Vegas to our hometown of Colombia, Mississippi. The boss loves it, and fuel consumption is just about the same as it was pre-upgrade.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to learn how you can experience the best of both worlds: jet-like performance with increased payload and range, all for far less than the cost to operate a jet.