SUPERIOR COMPOSITE SERVICES
Our services range from helping you bring an idea from design all the way to final regulatory approvals, utilizing a variety of composites, metals, and other materials to deliver the ideal solution – on your timeline and budget.
WE’RE PROUD TO PROVIDE FULL IN-HOUSE COMPOSITE SERVICE
Blackhawk utilizes the most efficient techniques and equipment for your specific design and product. Our techniques include:
- Autoclave Processing: A pressure vessel designed to maintain high pressures and temperatures, which together ensure proper fiber content and elimination of voids. We utilize our 5-foot diameter autoclave to cure parts requiring higher PSI than other methods allow.
- Vacuum Assisted Resin Transfer (VARTM) Molding: An open mold molding method utilizing a vacuum bag that applies vacuum to assist the continuous flow of low-pressure infused resin from one side of the mold to the other, ensuring the resin is void-free.
- Out-of-Autoclave (OOA) Processing: Utilizing a closed mold, this process achieves the desired fiber content and elimination of voids by applying vacuum, pressure, and heat by means other than an autoclave. An economical alternative to autoclave processing for carbon fiber parts, our OOA methods include wet-lay and VARTM for fiberglass and carbon, and prepreg for fiberglass, carbon, Kevlar, and quartz.
At Blackhawk Composites, we work with you to modernize legacy aircraft, develop new products, and increase aircraft utility to help you gain a competitive edge. We are highly experienced with composites and metal, fabricating everything from a single part to a full assembly. Examples include:
- Composite cowlings
- Composite fairings
- Composite storage lockers
- Composite pods
- Composite wing tips and winglets
- Composite nose and tail cones
- Composite flooring and wall panels
- Composite spinners
- Exterior composite panels with structural ribs built-in
- Aluminum ribs
Blackhawk Composites supports aerospace, automotive, watercraft, and other industries with services including:
- General aviation aircraft modifications
- Business jet aircraft modifications
- Helicopter modifications
- Watercraft modifications
- Drone complete builds
- OEM assistance
- PMA and STC assistance
- Aftermarket automotive parts for racing
- Simulator pods
- Tooling design and creation for any industry
CAPABILITIES TO MEET YOUR NEEDS
We offer a robust selection of capabilities in-house, tailored to quickly and cost-effectively support your next aerospace product innovation.
Working with your budget and timeframe, we create early sample model prototypes built to test a concept. With many materials and equipment options in house, our engineers can take your napkin drawing to a CAD in hours while our technicians can produce your prototype in days.
Production Composite Tooling
While we have the capability to use, fix, and/or modify your tooling, we can also construct tooling from a variety of materials, including metal, aluminum, carbon, fiberglass, and foam.
Our in-house tooling and tool production includes fixtures, jigs, and templates, all produced using a variety of low-cost materials to meet your budget.
Utilizing primary and secondary tooling holes, clamps, and air tools, jigs designed by Blackhawk Composites are certified, calibrated, and repeatable.
We utilize design layout templates and laser ply placement to locate plies during the build process.
We partner with you to help produce your design, including providing engineering support to ensure your success. While we assist in design and drawing creation, all CAD is traceable back to you and you maintain all ownership and control.
We compile the data to assist with FAA, EASA, and other regulatory approvals.
We offer a full suite of prime and paint finishing services, including finishing exposed carbon and Kevlar parts.
Our engineering team analyzes a part using FaroArm with laser scanning equipment and then prepares full CAD packages for designing and/or machining a new part quickly. With the ability to remove splashes from old parts, we can quickly turn them into ready tools for new parts inexpensively.
THE BLACKHAWK ADVANTAGE
Blackhawk Composites utilizes highly experienced composites engineers, technicians, and leadership with the latest techniques and technology to develop aerospace-grade composite parts and assemblies. Our full in-house services, centrally located for inexpensive shipment, offer considerable cost-savings and efficiency, while our open and transparent communication strengthens customer trust and confidence. Blackhawk Composites is your cost-effective, time-saving partner for performance enhancing solutions.