Piper Cheyenne Series I, II, IIXL
Increased Climb Rate
P&WC Enhanced Engine Warranty
Maximum Cruise Speed
Savings on Operating Costs
Typical Engine Installation
Full Torque to Altitude
1P&WC Enhanced New-Engine Warranty 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600 hour TBO
Breathe New Life into your Cheyenne
The Blackhawk XP135A Engine+ Upgrade gives you the extra horsepower you need to achieve higher rates of climb, faster cruise speeds, and shorter times to destination. The upgrade exchanges the original engines for factory-new Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-135A engines, complete with new engine warranty and reliability without any airframe modification.
Note: 57% for Cheyenne I; 29% for Cheyenne II; 12% for Cheyenne IIXL
WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH
ALL THAT POWER?
You’ll get a lot more horsepower with brand-new PT6A-135A engines. But it’s what you do with that power that makes all the difference.
- Fly faster
- Improved climb
- Better safety margins
- Better high/hot performance
Jump-start your Cheyenne’s performance and value with the XP135A Engine+ Upgrade. Jim Costello, a Cheyenne II operator, said he saves about 30 to 45 minutes on most of his flights, with no increase in fuel cost. Plus, he added, “it’s just fun to fly.”
The real power of an XP135A Engine+ Upgrade is in its ability to power through even the toughest conditions.
Investment & Value
All this performance and value starts with an initial investment, minus the cost of your next overhaul. Other financial factors to consider include:
- Lower operating costs
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $35 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Nearly every Blackhawk-powered aircraft sold within 500 hours of the upgrade recovered close to more or than the combined investment of the airframe and engines
- Save time on each mission giving you more time to be productive
- More power for faster climb and cruise speeds
- Reduced annual cost of operation
- Significant return on investment
- Higher resale value
- Two Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-135A Engines (Exchange)
- 1P&WC enhanced new engine warranty 2,500 hours/5 years with prorated coverage to the 3,600-hour TBO
- Installation drawings
- STC paperwork and instructions for continued airworthiness
- Flight manual supplement
- P&WC engine logbook and Blackhawk logbook case
- Blackhawk cycle book and aircraft decals
- P&WC PT6 line maintenance entitlement training
- Two-year subscription for P&WC engine maintenance/parts manuals
- Blackhawk lifetime customer support guarantee
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International
- Optional: Hawkeye digilog smart gauges
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
Since the upgrade price already reflects the value of the cores, you can keep your core engine if you are willing to pay Pratt & Whitney Canada for the core. Prices will depend on core engine times.
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Yes, you’ll spend more on an upgrade than an overhaul, but you’ll have so much more to show for it: increased earning ability, better resale value, enhanced safety, reduced operating costs and a better flying experience.
from real XP135A owners & operators
Just over a year ago I sold the Cheyenne in one day to a very happy buyer. Your engines made the deal!! Your engines got me started on going faster 265-70 KTAS and now I’ve moved up to 365 KTAS at FL410. Thanks again!
The XP engine upgrade has exceeded my expectations and is by far the best aftermarket investment I have ever made on any aircraft. Having extra horsepower at the right hand makes the Blackhawk Cheyenne an absolute thrill to fly.
I’m so glad I did the upgrade. I had very high expectations on the performance promised by Blackhawk, and Blackhawk came through with flying colors!
The engines made an old, tired Cheyenne an incredible machine.
I couldn’t be happier with the 135A’s. I save about 30 to 45 minutes on most of my flights and my fuel cost has stayed the same. It’s just fun to fly.
It climbs at 2,000 FPM at the same speed I used to cruise at. I have seen barber pole speeds on every flight since I put my new Blackhawk’s on and still have power to spare.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to learn how your Cheyenne can experience exceptional power and performance boosts that positively affect your bottom line.