Location: Waco, Texas
Full Time/8 hours per day
3 years of aerospace experience in Mechanical or Electrical Design (SolidWorks is preferred)
Blackhawk Aerospace is growing and looking for a talented team member who is ready to take their career to new heights!
At Blackhawk, we know that our greatest asset is our team, and we strive to maintain that culture by hiring the best talent and supporting them every step of the way.
Our Engineering Department has an immediate opening for a Design Engineer.
- Design and Draft Mechanical and/or Electrical Installations for Blackhawk FAA Supplemental Type Certificates (STC).
- Create and complete drawings and installation instructions. Incorporate revisions and EO’s.
- Will require coordination with various outside companies, as well as coordination between various specialists inside Blackhawk.
- Support flight testing as required (Weight & Balance, Mechanical & Electrical Installations, Instrumentation Set-up, Data Processing/Review).
- Develop strong working knowledge of Pratt & Whitney PT6A Series Turboprop Engine Installation(s).
- Develop strong working knowledge of Hartzell Propeller and MT-Propeller installation(s).
Position Key Attributes
- Ability to interpret design requirements and develop detailed drawings.
- Strong interest in Hands-on and Liaison activities. Assist with part or wiring fabrication, and installations to ensure design implementation.
- Must have at least 3 years of aerospace experience in Mechanical or Electrical Design (SolidWorks is preferred).
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance