Engine+ Upgrade for
Cessna Caravan 208 &
Grand Caravan 208B
Increased Climb Rate
Increased Time Before Overhaul
Maximum Cruise Speed
Lower Starting Temps
Shorter Takeoff Distance
Typical Engine Installation
1P&WC Enhanced New-Engine Warranty 1,000 hours, no calendar limit, with prorated coverage to the 4,000 hour TBO.
Elevate Your Operations
Multiply your power and revenue generation capability with a factory-new XP140 Engine+ Upgrade and experience serious return on investment. Blackhawk makes it easy with a quick two-week, ultra-cost-effective installation that delivers power and performance unattainable until now.
The upgrade replaces your tired PT6A-114/114A engines with a brand-new PT6A-140 powerplants for like-new levels of performance and load carrying capabilities – all while retaining your existing cowling, engine mount, exhaust system, and maintaining the same pilot training and operating characteristics.
WHAT WILL YOU DO WITH
ALL THAT POWER?
You’ll get a lot more horsepower with brand-new PT6A-140 engines. But it’s what you do with that power that makes all the difference.
- Better safety margins
- Fly faster
- Improved climb
- Access more airports
The XP140 Engine+ Upgrade is the most cost-effective solution for Caravan operators who seek improved performance, increased profitability, and a better flying experience. Shoreline Aviation’s John Kelly called it a “no-brainer” after upgrading their fleet.
The real power of an XP140 Engine+ Upgrade is in its ability to improve revenue generation.
Investment & Value
All this performance and value starts with an initial investment, minus the cost of your next overhaul. Other financial factors to consider include:
- Increased revenue generation
- Pratt & Whitney core engine credits up to $50 per hour per engine for every hour remaining to the factory TBO
- Strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Nearly every Blackhawk-powered aircraft sold within 500 hours of the upgrade recovered close to or more than the combined investment of the airframe and engines
- TBO increased from 3,600 to 4,000 hours
- Hot section inspection interval increased from 1,800 to 2,000 hours
- Increased rate of climb
- Increased cruise speed
- Lower starting temperatures
- Increased TBO
- Shorter takeoff
- One factory-new Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PT6A-140 engine (Exchange)
- P&WC new engine warranty 1,000 hours with no calendar limit
- Choice of factory-new propeller and spinner
- Optional New True Blue Power Advanced Lithium-Ion Battery
- Hawkeye digilog smart gauges
- New 40% larger oil cooler
- New 325-Amp Starter Generator
- Globally approved flight manual supplement
- STC paperwork and instructions for continued airworthiness
- P&WC PT6 Line Maintenance Entitlement Training
- Two-year subscription for P&WC engine maintenance/parts manuals
- Blackhawk lifetime customer support guarantee
Blackhawk does not perform installations. Although the installation is basically an engine change and can be done by any Pratt & Whitney Canada certified facility, we have found that you will save time and money if the upgrade is performed by any of our approved installation facilities worldwide. These facilities have the experience to complete the upgrade faster and with the higher exacting quality you demand.
Blackhawk orders all engines a year in advance. We can usually deliver within 30-60 days or sooner. Call for timing on the next set of available engines.
Yes. We work with several banks that offer very competitive rates.
To date, nearly every Blackhawk powered aircraft that has been resold within 500 hours of the upgrade has sold close to or higher than the combined investment of the airframe and engines. Resale value of Blackhawk powered aircraft remains strong in all markets. Many dealers are even speculating on Blackhawk powered aircraft.
In addition to worldwide product support and product branding, Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrades offer the following benefits:
- Listings in Jetnet, AMSTAT, Aircraft Bluebook, and Vref
- Worldwide market acceptance with the largest installed fleet of upgraded corporate size turboprop aircraft in the world
- Full customer support department with on-staff technical support technician, customer service representative, and worldwide distribution and service center network
- The Blackhawk Owner’s Group
- The strongest resale value of any engine upgrade on the market
- Approval by the FAA (United States), EASA (Europe), DGAC (Brazil)
Yes. In fact, many charter companies prefer operating aircraft upgraded with a Blackhawk XP Engine+ Upgrade because they are able to operate out of shorter, higher, and hotter runways.
Since the upgrade price already reflects the value of the cores, you can keep your core engine if you are willing to pay Pratt & Whitney Canada for the core. Prices will depend on core engine times.
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted. Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment without any of the time-remaining credit.
Blackhawk offers transformative performance without the risks of buying new: Will you be able to sell your aircraft for the value you expect? Will there be unexpected costs to acquire your new aircraft? Will there be unexpected issues not uncovered by the pre-buy? Upgrading with Blackhawk eliminates uncertainty and the transactional costs of buying another aircraft while transforming the performance and utility of the aircraft you know best.
Why wait to start enjoying the many benefits of an upgrade? Save money on every mission you fly, increase the capability of your aircraft, and take advantage of generous core credits for time remaining. Over half of Blackhawk’s customers upgrade with more than 500 hours remaining.
Yes, the fuel burn is greater at equal altitude. However, taking advantage of the increased climb performance and higher cruise speeds significantly narrows or eliminates the increase in fuel consumption. Also, utilizing the increased climb and cruise performance will reduce block times and deliver a significant reduction in overall operating costs. Typically, any increase in fuel cost will be offset by a larger reduction in direct operating costs. We’ve done the math, it pays to fly faster!
Yes, you’ll spend more on an upgrade than an overhaul, but you’ll have so much more to show for it: increased earning ability, better resale value, enhanced safety, reduced operating costs and a better flying experience.
from real XP140 owners & operators
We are super happy with the performance of our Caravan on the Wipline 8000 Amphibian floats here in the mountain lakes of Northern B.C. If you need a reference, please do not hesitate to use Liard Air and Northern Rockies Lodge as a customer contact.
Schedule a free call with one of Blackhawk’s performance upgrade experts to learn how you can boost your Caravan’s revenue generation capability.