The Blackhawk XP140 ENGINE+ UPGRADE
CESSNA CARAVAN SERIES
The Blackhawk XP140 Engine+ Upgrade
Cessna Caravan Series
Retain The Existing Cowling
The PT6A-140 is only 2” longer than the PT6A-114A. The extra length is aft of the engine mounts allowing the truss to be retained with no changes.
Retain The Existing Exhaust System
The PT6A-140 has a single exhaust port and connects to the existing exhaust system.
All 867 SHP, All The Time
All 867 SHP can be used for takeoff, climb, and cruise. The airframe has been re-certified by the FAA from 675 SHP to the new, higher limit.
New Hartzell 3-Blade Propeller
This newly designed Hartzell 3-Blade 106″ Propeller provides maximum thrust output for takeoff and climb while providing a quiet cabin for cruise.
Hawkeye DigiLog Engine Gauges
These recently redesigned, non-glare, and fully sealed gauges provide high quality, no fog operation. This smart gauge automatically dims for night time operation.
325 Amp Starter Generator
100°C cooler start temperatures reduce hot section and overhaul costs. 50% reduction in start sequence. 325 amps continuous power for ground/flight operation.
Increased Climb Rate
Time Before Overhaul
Max. Cruise Speed
Lower Starting Temps
1Caravan 208; ISA Day; 8,000 ft.
2Caravan 208; ISA Day; No Wind; No Pod
What's Included with the XP140
- One (1) Factory-New Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-140 Engine (exchange)
- Factory-New Engine Includes New Fuel Control Unit, Fuel Pump, Primary Governor, Over-Speed Governor, Torque and Oil Pressure Transducer, and Motive-Flow Shut-Off Value
- Pratt & Whitney Canada New Engine Warranty - 1,000 Hours, No Calendar Limit
- One (1) Factory-New Hartzell 106", 3-Blade Propeller Assembly with Spinner (exchange)
- One (1) New 325-AMP Starter/Generator Upgrade with Installation Hardware (exchange)
- One (1) New Larger Oil Cooler with Installation Hardware (exchange)
- One (1) Each New Hawkeye Digital/Analog Engine Instruments - ITT, TRQ, OT/OP, Np, Ng, FF (exchange)
- One (1) New Engine Hose Kit
- One (1) Factory-New Intake Tube (exchange)
- Installation Drawings and STC Paperwork
- Blackhawk Customer Support Service
- Flight Manual Supplement
- Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Engine Logbook, Blackhawk Logbook Case, Cycle Book, and Aircraft Decals
- Pratt & Whitney Canada Customer Training from FlightSafety International - Read More
- Two (2) Year Subscription for Pratt & Whitney Canada Engine Maintenance/Parts Manuals
XP140 Frequently Asked Questions
Pratt & Whitney Canada (PW&C) offers an engine credit for every hour remaining to the factory TBO. To qualify, the core engine must have enough cycles on the life-limited components to make TBO and all records supporting the component times and cycles must be present and submitted.
Waiting until TBO risks the possibility of a core engine problem, resulting in additional core charges from PW&C. Also, prices from P&WC increase every year, so waiting two or three years would mean a higher investment amount without any of the time-remaining credits.